About Our School
Welcome to Bradfield CE (VA) Primary School
We are a happy, friendly and aspirational, small Church of England Primary school set in a beautiful rural location in the heart of West Berkshire. We serve pupils of all faiths, or none, from Bradfield Southend and the surrounding villages as well as pupils from Thatcham, Calcot and Tilehurst.
Our new leadership has now been firmly established and we are on a rapid upward trajectory.
- 7 Single year group classes
- Academic attainment well above the national average
- An exciting and dynamic approach to teaching and learning
- Aspirational teachers and leadership
- Excellent facilities and a tradition of sporting success
- Fantastically well behaved, motivated, happy children
- A strong Christian ethos at the heart of the school, supporting our high standards of behaviour and moral values
- A beautiful and stimulating rural environment, playing fields and playgrounds
- A wide range of before and after school clubs
- Access to Wrap Around Child Care – 8am – 6pm
- A highly skilled Governing Body
We are committed to ensuring that pupils receive all the help, encouragement and support that they need to achieve their full potential, both across the curriculum and in their personal and social skills and that every child feels themselves to be a valued member of the community. Bradfield School is a place where our children are Learning to Live.
“The curriculum at Bradfield is effective in nurturing the academic success of all pupils. Opportunities to shine academically and socially are paramount.”
SIAMS report March 2019
We warmly welcome all visitors to come in and experience our wonderful school for themselves.
Please contact the office on 0118 974 4304 and we will be delighted to show you round.
Mrs Caroline Johnson